By Dennis Fuqua, Director of IRM
Facilitating Prayer Summits is our (International Renewal Ministries) main activity. They have been and continue to be a tremendous blessing to countless pastors (and others). Because this has been our "lead" ministry, and because Prayer Summits have become more well known than International Renewal Ministries, some people assume that we are the "Prayer Summit people". What a wonderful title! But it is not exactly accurate. We are that, but we are that for a reason.
The following six principles provide a foundation for our perspective on Prayer Summits.
1. We deeply desire to see a move of God initiated and sustained in as many communities as possible.
2. We are convinced that a significant, sustained prayer movement is essential for this to take place. This prayer movement will greatly impact our relationship with God and with one another and it will also help us fulfill our scriptural responsibilities.
3. We believe that this prayer movement will lead to and launch other Spirit-directed, united, strategic activities.
4. We believe that quality Prayer Summits are catalysts to initiate and sustain this significant prayer movement.
5. Therefore we deeply desire to see as many quality Prayer Summits take place in as many communities as possible.
6. However, even if a move of God does not result from our prayer efforts, or it does not happen in the manner or time frame we expect, we believe that the value of a Prayer Summit is not diminished, because we have spent time in His presence doing the "one thing" that He desires of us.